3 Lbs. Munton's light dry extract
3 Lbs. Munton's extra light dry extract
2 Lbs. whole grain crystal malt (milled)
- I put the whole grain in cheesecloth, and added it to the water.
- Held at 150-160 degrees for 15-20 minutes (took about an hour to reach temp)
- Brought to boil, removed grain
- Added dry extracts
- 1 hour, 15 min. boil
- Added 1/2 oz. Northern hops 30 min from end for bittering
- Another 1/2 oz. Northerns added 10 min. from end of boil
- 1/2 oz. Cascade hops 5 min. from end of boil
- 1/2 oz. Cascade dry hop added to fermenter after cooling
Yeast is still very active.
Planning to leave in secondary for 2 weeks, then bottle.