Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bike to Work Week Day 2

Two days, two success stories!  The trail gods smiled upon me again today.  There was, again, a vacant bike locker in the parking ramp at work; and I even remembered to pack a towel.  It was a good day to be a cyclist.  After work I checked out the new MLK bridge by Sec Taylor Field (aka Principal Park...but real fans will never call it that).  It seems there will be trail and a bike lane along this new street.  According to the sparse information I found online, it seems this will connect with 14th Street.  There is also a trail system in place on the East side of the river, that I have yet to explore.  This is another fantastic development for Downtown Des Moines and its ever-evolving cycling scene!  After a twilight ride home, some dinner, and a little TV...It's time for bed.  I am looking forward to Bike to Work Week Day 3.  I'll see you on the trail!

No comments: