Monday, May 16, 2011

Bike to Work Week Day 1

Vintage Bicycle with Fenders clipart



I have been cycling for many years, but I have always driven a car to work.  This is to be my inaugural Bike to Work Week, and I am proud to say that day one is complete!  I have officially cycle-commuted to and from work. There was an available bike locker in the parking garage; and, thanks to the excellent locker room facilities in the gym at work, I had a place to clean up and shower.  Since home is so close to downtown, I decided to add a couple of miles by trail rather than a straight shot down Ingersoll Avenue; though that is a quicker option in a time-crunch.  The Bill Riley Trail took me to Waterworks Park this morning, but I decided to take the road through the park rather than the trail past Gray's Lake.  Bike Iowa says the trail is open under the Fleur Drive bridge, but I was on the way to work; so I didn't want to take a chance.  Maybe I will try it tomorrow.  

No comments: