Thursday, October 16, 2008

If you want to live in the "big city", then act the part!!!!!

Attention suburbanites leaving downtown Des Moines, and racing off on your white-knuckled, 15 minute commutes to your 7-foot-privacy-fenced, newly-constructed, moat-surrounded, white-picket-fenced cul-de-sacs: There are pedestrians here! We have the right-of-way...look it up!!!

To the lady whose window I pounded upon when you were looking to make a left turn on red: Yes I did it to scare you!! Maybe you will remember me tomorrow, and you will make proper stops at lights and look both ways before you pull in front someone who has a "walk" sign.

P.S. I wouldn't have knocked if you hadn't nearly run over my toes!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What is it about Des Moines drivers? I have almost been hit several times, and they always act like it's my fault for obeying the law. Jerks.